29 Jan week 4 – discussion ****MATH GURUU ONLY****
Week 4 – Discussion Forum
3 3 unread replies. 3 3 replies.
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Refer to the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric under the Settings icon above for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
Assessment for Learning Video Presentation [WLO: 1] [CLOs: 2, 4]
Assessment is a common practice in any learning environment. Assessments for and of learning (formative and summative) are essential to ensuring that learners are mastering key skills and guiding instructors in the development of their daily instruction and assessment. The two videos, and , point out key strategies that can be employed in a learning environment to ensure learner success. Chapter 8 in No Excuses University about assessment puts the focus on the learner, the value of leadership teams, and on the bureaucracy impact.
This discussion has a digital requirement. Choose a digital tool to create a digital response that will address the content instructions below (e.g., , , , , or other presentation software). Depending on your chosen technology you may choose to create a Smore one page newsletter, a Prezi or Powtoon presentation or a screencast video.
Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, read Chapter 8 in No Excuses University about assessment, and watch the videos and . You can also review the recommended resources for additional support.
Within your own professional experiences, reflect on No Excuses Universitys (NEU) assessment concepts:
- Assessment is not about the instructor, it is about the learner.
- The role of leadership teams in creating an exceptional system for assessment.
- The role of formative and summative assessments.
Using the text and other resources, propose an exceptional system of assessment that addresses the following:
- Describe how the learner should be the focus of the assessment within your system.
- Consider how your view of the culture of universal achievement can be incorporated here.
- Address the role of leadership teams in creating an exceptional system for assessment.
- Consider how your system of collaboration can be incorporated here.
- Define the role of formative and summative assessments. Make reference to the readings in your response.
- In your definition, explain the differences between these two assessments and provide an example of each one.
- Describe how you plan to use or could use this exceptional in your career. Provide a specific example related to assessment practices.
Post a link to your digital response in the discussion forum. If you recorded audio for this presentation, paste your script in the discussion forum.
Guided Response: Respond to at least two of your classmates by offering a critique of their ideas. Be sure also to respond to any questions that your instructor might pose. Continue to monitor the discussion forum through Day 7 and respond with robust dialogue to anyone who replies to your initial post.