30 Jan Sea level rise, land use, and climate change influence the distribution of loggerhead turtle nests at the largest USA rookery (Melbourne Beach, Florida)
Font: 10pt. Summarize the article attached including the answers for the following questions: 1. What is the basic research question or problem the article is trying to address? Try to state this in a single sentence.
2. What is the hypothesis (or hypotheses) of the study? What are the predictions? Were there competing hypotheses?
3. Was the background presented in the introduction sufficient for the authors to pose the research question(s) addressed in the paper? How did the authors justify the purpose of their research? Briefly summarize the background or theoretical framework.
4. Was the research question appropriate given the background? Can you think of another different hypothesis or perspective that could have been proposed?
5. What methodologies (general, not specifics) were used to address the question? Were these appropriate? Do not get into details of methods, but rather the broad, general methods.
6. Did the authors adequately present their results clearly? Were any important results not presented?
7. Examine the presentation of the data carefully were the figures and tables correctly presented?
8. Were patterns in the data obvious from the figures/tables? Or did the authors have to show you how they interpreted their results to fit their hypothesis?
9. What were the conclusions from the study? Did the results presented actually support these conclusions? Did the authors draw all of their conclusions from their own data, or did they reference other sources?
10. In your opinion: What is the most important result of this study and why? Which figure/table presented the strongest evidence to support the hypothesis and why? What is the main strength of the study/paper? What is the main weakness?
11. What do you think is the next step for the authors in terms of their research?