29 Jan Nursing
The purpose of this assignment is to provide you with the opportunity to improve your database search ability, reading of scholarly works, and discriminating the data in the scientific article under review.
Utilizing a health concern from your chosen county/zip code area, select a recent article (past 5 years) from a peer-reviewed nursing or public health journal that reports on an epidemiological study. Write a brief summary (3 pages maximum) addressing the following questions:
1. What problem prompted the study?
2. What was the purpose of the study?
3. Was it descriptive, analytic, or experimental research?
4. What was the study design? Was it retrospective or prospective? Why do you think the researchers chose this design?
5. What sources of epidemiological data did the researchers utilize? (List all sources such as Morbidity and Mortality Weekly, census data, etc.)
6. What measuring rates were utilized in the study (incidence, infant mortality, etc.)
7. What were the study findings?
8. What population would benefit most from this research?