31 Jan Mental health in high-performance athletes
For the literature review assignment you will be required to:
1) Select an area of research in the health sciences:
Mental health in high-performance athletes
– Eating disorders
2) Explain to the reader why this area of research is important. This may be at the local, provincial, national, or global level.
4) Synthesize the information from the reviewed literature. For example, do not just report each article in turn but summarize similar methods and findings etc.
5) Discuss the methodologies and/or theoretical bases of the reviewed articles. Include the strengths and weaknesses of the articles in your literature review.
6) Use tables and/or figures to effectively present information in your literature review.
7) Make sure references are presented in the text and at the end of the paper. It does not matter what reference style you use as long as it is correct and consistent.
8) IMPORTANTLY, include the gaps in the literature identified in your review and the future directions for research in this area. Conclude the paper by answering the following questions: a) what study(ies) could be conducted to advance knowledge in this area?
b) Why would this/these study(ies) be important?
Just need to write the introduction and here is the required references:
1. Gorczynski, P. F., Coyle, M., & Gibson, K. (2017). Depressive symptoms in high-performance athletes and non-athletes: A comparative meta-analysis. British Journal of Sports Medicine, 51(18), 1348. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bjsports-2016-096455
2. kesdotter, C., Kentt, G., Eloranta, S., & Franck, J. (2019). The prevalence of mental health problems in elite athletes. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport. doi: 10.1016/j.jsams.2019.10.022
3. Schaal, K., Tafflet, M., Nassif, H., Thibault, V., Pichard, C., Alcotte, M., Toussaint, J.-F. (2011). Psychological Balance in High Level Athletes: Gender-Based Differences and Sport-Specific Patterns. PLoS ONE, 6(5). doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0019007
4. Gulliver, A., Griffiths, K., & Christensen, H. (2012). Barriers and facilitators to mental health help-seeking for young elite athletes: a qualitative study. BMC Psychiatry, 12(1). doi: 10.1186/1471-244x-12-157