29 Jan Marketing Exercise
This exercise is designed to illustrate the numerous and diverse opportunities that companies/brands have to build awareness and brand equity with current and potential consumers by using audience contact points to reach their target market.
Each of these audience/consumer contact points is an opportunity for marketing communications, and to assure that these communications are integrated, thereby presenting a unified and consistent brand image. Audience/ consumer contact points also provide an opportunity to build relationships with relevant audiences both internal as well as external.
- Choose a well-known company (category examples airline, automotive/ car manufacturer, bank/ financial institution, chain restaurant, supermarket, pharmacy, hotel chain, department store) and analyze how they are reaching their target audience.
- List all consumer contact points/ touch points ranging from simply seeing the company brand /company logo/signage or advertising to actually experiencing the brand/product/service offered by the company.
- Use the examples presented in Instructor Announcements and in Chapter 1 in the textbook as a reference.
- Prepare a written analysis using the format specified in the Individual Worksheet.
- The worksheet is in MS Word.
- Save it to your desktop and use the format to answer each question using the space required to express your ideas concisely.
- Your assignment submission should be no more than 2 typed pages.
- Follow the format provided. (question & answer) Exercise 1 submitted using any other format will not be accepted.