30 Jan Managed Care Presentation
The most powerful force shaping the U.S. health care delivery system is managed care. As a health care professional, it is vital that you understand the managed care system, as it impacts all stakeholders. The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate your knowledge of managed care.
Create a 12-slide presentation that includes detailed speaker notes with in-text citations for each slide. In your presentation, explain the following:
1. What a managed care organization (MCO) is and how MCOs have evolved. Provide an example.
2. MCO accrediting bodies and the types of care they oversee. Why is this accreditation important?
3. Types of managed care plans, such as HMOs and PPOs. What are the differences? Why are each important to the health care system?
4. The impact of MCOs on cost, access, and quality.
5. What an accountable care organization is and its relationship to MCOs. Provide an example.
A minimum of three references, in addition to your textbook, are required for this assignment.
The instructor will observe the participation within the CLC discussion forums, so all materials and communication should be exchanged in the CLC forum between team members. Individuals not participating may lose points at the end of the assignment.
You will work collaboratively with your groups toward the completion and submission of one presentation. After editing and reviewing, just one person in the group will submit the file.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
The book for reference is ESSENTIALS OF THE U.S Health Care System FIFTH EDITION this is the name of the book