31 Jan IT impact on business
The purpose of this assignment is to find recent news that involves information security breaches, analyse the chosen news and produce a report.
You are to research a real life business example of your choice and the impact of IT on that business.
1) Does your chosen business need IT?
2) Why IT is important for business survival?
3) What is required to apply IT into your chosen business? (I.e. cost, planning, designing, equipment, installation,
4) How does your chosen business use IT? (internally such as employees, and externally such as customers, suppliers)
5) What benefits and advantages does IT bring to your chosen business? (I.e. revenue, flexibility, reduces cost, etc.)
6) What type of risks does IT bring to your chosen business? (i.e. security, privacy, confidentiality)
7) How can your chosen business maintain and monitor IT?
Your report will be assessed on the quality of your research and report presentation. Discussion must be relevant to your chosen business. Your report is to be in the style of a business report. There is a limit of ten pages excluding appendices. Reference sources must be cited in the text of the report, and listed appropriately at the end in a reference list using Harvard referencing style.
You can choose a business from any of the following industries:
Banking and finance
Printing and publishing
Trip Advisor –https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/
Telstra — https://www.telstra.com.au/
Commonwealth Bank of Australia — https://www.commbank.com.au/
Qantas — https://www.qantas.com/au/en.html
Clear statement of purpose, clarity of methods and assumptions; systematic
approach to project.
2. Use of resources:
Application of relevant course concepts, tools and frameworks use of evidences,
engagement with the literature.
Balanced coverage of each of the important points,
Richness of analysis;
Flow of ideas;
Validity of objectives,
Use of own insight and originality;
Feasibility of recommendations and implementation consideration
4. Organization and Presentation:
Clarity of structure, quality of presentation, style and readability.
Title page, Table of contents, List of abbreviations and/or glossary,
Executive summary/abstract, Introduction, Body, Conclusion Recommendations,
5. Citation practice:
Appropriate citation of sources and evidences used.