30 Jan Hillbilly Elegy
Read the chapters from Hillbilly Elegy (attached below) and answer the following questions.
1. Vance refers to his family as a clan of lunatics but also as hillbilly royalty (17). Explain this paradox and what Vance means by these two expressions.
2. Did you enjoy the reading? Why or why not?
3. What do these chapters say about the idea of home?
4. What is the tone of the piece?
5. Choose 2 aspects or ideas from Hillbilly Elegy and explain why you thought they were interesting (or why you did not like them).
6. Reply to at least 3 of your classmates posts. Your response must be more than simply I agree with you or This is interesting. Think about a conversation you would be having in class about this reading.